Learn how to drive more customers to your website
with the ultimate SEO eCourse for small businesses, solopreneurs, ecommerce store owners and bloggers.
Do you wish your site ranked higher in search engine results?
Are you confused by the tech speak and jargon involved in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
Have you been burned by dodgy SEO companies?
YES? Well THE RECIPE FOR SEO SUCCESS eCOURSE is for YOU!
COURSE CLOSED. NEXT ROUND MARCH 2017
If you want to justify just one spend based on ROI this year make it The Recipe for SEO Success!
We’d all love to believe the ‘if we build it they will come’ myth, but I’m sorry to tell you, it just ain’t true!
If you really want humans to find your awesome business, you’ve got to push it right to the top in the organic search results.
RIGHT. TO. THE. TOP!
And, when more people find you online, you’ll get more customers, more conversions and more lovely dollars in your pocket!
How? Well that’s where Search Engine Optimisation comes in.
Let’s be honest – SEO is a giant pain in the bum.
Not only is it stuffed full of technical gobbledygook, it changes every five minutes. And the so-called SEO experts never seem to agree. But don’t worry.
I believe ANYONE can learn the basics of Search Engine Optimisation, which is why I created The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse. This 8-week eCourse shows you my tried and tested SEO tactics that can deliver higher rankings, more traffic and more conversions.
It’s a practical, easy to understand SEO eCourse that gives you the confidence to manage your own SEO.
I can’t rate this course highly enough. It’s such a fantastic course that’s truly worth its weight in gold.
“I can’t rate this course highly enough. It’s such a fantastic course that’s truly worth its weight in gold (or saffron for a cooking term which I believe is more expensive by the gram than gold!). A secondary is that every time a new round starts, I think of where I was at the end of the last round and make sure I have progressed further along my own and my client’s SEO path.”
Big brands and small businesses love The Recipe for SEO Success
The Ultimate Search Engine Optimisation Course for bloggers, small business owners and entrepreneurs
Last updated June 2016
The most comprehensive course on SEO ever includes:
9 x 60-minute live coaching calls
9 hour-long group live coaching calls where we discuss course materials and you can ask questions.
Learn and network with others.
Private Mastermind Group
Ask questions, network, share ideas and chat about all things SEO in this carefully moderated private Mastermind Facebook group.
Get SEO help when you need it.
13+ hours of SEO video presentations
Detailed and informative bite-sized weekly video presentations to boost your SEO knowledge. I’ll walk you through each module with a clear presentation while you watch in the comfort of your own home.
21 SEO worksheets
21 practical, easy to understand SEO worksheets and homework tasks to help you eat the SEO pie bite by bite.
Technical SEO website audit
Learn how to create a straightforward technical review of your website’s core technical and content-related SEO factors – a great place to start finding what needs fixing.
7 x expert interview videos
Watch informative and helpful interviews with SEO and Google experts, and get the answers you need to make your site rank well.
A comprehensive Content Strategy tool to help you generate blog ideas and plan your editorial calendar.
SEO-friendly copywriting and blog templates
Write SEO-friendly copy and blog posts easily with my ‘paint by numbers’ Word templates.
Complete backlink audit
Learn how to generate your own back link audit as well as create audits of competitor backlinks!
An easy-to-understand, complete glossary of every SEO term and acronym. (This is a ‘geek speak’ free course!)
100s of useful SEO resources, links and tools
A smorgasbord of SEO tools, plugins, keyword tools, content and headline apps, image libraries and other great sites to help you on your SEO journey.
A set of simple SEO tasks you can complete before the course even begins – to get you off to a great start.
Technical optimisation tips
Learn how fix up a slow site, handle redirects, resolve coding issues and more.
Understand all the algorithm updates and how they affect your website.
Understand how to spy on your competitors’ keywords, their links and build on their blogging success.
Kate HONESTLY wants you to succeed and she goes out of her way to help
“The course is very well structured and the amazing course material is easy to absorb. Everything is explained in simple words and she is always available to answer questions.
While other SEO trainers talk the talk, I’ve walked the walk.
I’ve worked hard to make my sites rank number one for more keyword phrases than you’ve had hot dinners
(including super-tricky single-word terms like ‘copywriter’).
And let me tell you, that ain’t easy!
I’ve also helped countless small businesses and corporates improve their ranking, traffic and conversions.
I don’t talk about lofty principles or waffle on about strategy.
I roll up my sleeves and get stuck in, offering you no-nonsense SEO advice and practical tactics that get results fast.
I’d recommend this course to any Marketing Manager or Small Business Owner or anyone with a website designed to generate business for that matter!
“Really loved Kate’s Beginner SEO Course and the videos and materials are accessible for life! She has an honest, authentic, fun approach and has the ability to break down complex topics into digestible interesting pieces that make sense.
Now for some maths
The average SEO company charges around $2,000 per month to manage a small business SEO campaign.
Over a year that’s $24,000.
Over five years that’s $120,000.
It’s a big chunk of your profits, right? So why spend all that when you can become an SEO expert yourself for a fraction of the price?
It’s simple – The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse saves you money.
An amazing comprehensive and well thought out course
“What an amazing comprehensive and well thought out course. Kate has a wealth of knowledge to share and the format of videos and worksheets to complete in your own time is a huge drawcard. I love that I have lifetime access to all the material so I can plan our next moves and refer back to all the tips in detail. I also loved hearing from other industry experts in Kate’s interviews. Highly recommended to anyone managing a website, even those who think they know SEO. There is always more to learn and things are changing every day.”
Feel the love!
Since completing the course, our Google ranking continues to increase steadily. We have landed several large contracts with small and large corporates
“Since completing the Recipe for SEO course last year, I have seen a huge leap in sales for my personalised chopping board business. When I followed and applied the weekly lessons from the recipe SEO course, my page ranking improved, sales and customer interactions increased.”
I know you’re probably thinking, “I’d love to do this course, but how will I find the time?”
Well, with The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse you get ongoing access.
So, if you fall behind, have a busy week or life gets in the way, don’t worry. You can pop back in later and catch up.
Easy, right? You can access the content anytime to review modules, re-watch videos, check the glossary and access links.
I’ve already seen huge improvements to my site
A highly recommended course that’ll get results for your business.”
Is The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse for you?
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse is aimed at small businesses, mumpreneurs, designers, copywriters, bloggers and anyone else who wants to get to grips with Google.
It’s a fun, easy to understand course and no advanced technical skills are required.
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse will suit you if you:
- Find SEO confusing, overwhelming and a little bit boring
- Want to learn DIY SEO
- Already have a business online or are about to start one
- Want to learn how to improve ranking results and conversions
- Don’t want to pay an expensive SEO consultant to manage your site
- Are happy to pay for an SEO consultant but want to understand what you’re getting for your money
- Want to offer SEO as a service to your clients
Please note: This course is not aimed at anyone looking for SEO shortcuts or ways to cheat the search engine algorithms. (Chefs wear white hats, not black.)
I now have a new skill, a new confidence and greater profit margins.
“As the owner of an e-commerce site, I had plenty on my plate and paid for SEO externally. It bit hard into our profits. After a year I took a deep breath and signed up to ‘The Recipe for SEO Success’ with Kate Toon. I was so SEO green it was embarrassing. How thrilling it is now – some 9 weeks later – to feel SEO empowered. SEO was once the thorn in my professional side. I now have a new skill, a new confidence and greater profit margins! An awesome course, it comes with my highest recommendation.”
Our tried and tested SEO methodology delivers real results for small businesses and corporates.
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse was the best thing I’ve done for my business
“Signing up to the Recipe for SEO Success eCourse for a recalibration was the best thing I’ve done for my business. I certainly got an excellent bang for my buck, and can now confidently offer SEO knowledge and guidance to all my clients. “
Friendly SEO Coaching calls
Unlike lots of other SEO courses I am NOT going to leave you to go it alone. I’m with you every step of the way, to answer questions, explain topics in more detail and give you one on one advice.
I even limit the number of students on the course so that I can help you individually.
You’ll get 9 x one hour online small, friendly group coaching calls during the course – at no additional charge – and it’s that personal attention that all of my students say, makes this course truly special.
I wish I had done this course when I started my business
“This course is an absolute investment you can not function without. The Recipe for SEO Success course gives you the knowledge to act on your SEO whether you do this yourself or outsource to another company. I was finding improvements for my business from week one and now have a set of principles to adhere to going forward.”
What makes me the person to teach you?
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse is run by me, Kate Toon. I’m an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with nearly two decades of experience in all things advertising and digital.
I’ve worked with big brands such as Westpac, the RTA, Curash and Kmart and helped countless small businesses to produce great content and improve their SEO. I’m also the founder of The Clever Copywriting School, the co host on Hot Copy Podcast and run regular SEO and copywriting workshops across Australia.
My SEO Success Story
I’ve worked in advertising for nearly two decades in some of the biggest ad agencies (think Ogilvy and the like). About six years ago, when I happily found myself ‘with child’, I realised I could either stay in agency world and never see my son, or give it all up.
As a contractor I suddenly found myself five months pregnant, out of a job, and with no maternity leave pay. Eeeep!
But then I had an idea. Why not set myself up as a copywriter?
My husband had just set up his own business with my help, so I thought “Hey, why not me?”
I built myself a little WordPress website and waited for the work to flood in. There was just one problem, or rather about 20,000 of them. When I typed ‘copywriter’ into Google, oodles and oodles of other copywriters appeared. How could I:
- Make my website appear at the top of the rankings?
- Blast my competitors out of the Google ocean?
- Get willing customers to visit my site and buy services?
The only way to boost my business was to get my head around the dark art of Search Engine Optimisation. So I did.
I now rank on the first page for more than 160 different keywords. (But hey, who’s counting?) I’m in the top three for 114 terms, and recently ranked number one for the term ‘Copywriter’ on Google.com.au. (If you’re not impressed then you should be. It’s bloody hard to rank well for a single term.) And I did it all:
- With little or no budget and no outside help.
- While being the primary breadwinner in our family and having to spend most of my time earning money.
- As a sleep-deprived mum with a toddler to care for, a dog to walk, a house to clean, meals to cook, and a husband to occasionally grunt at.
I even found a little ‘me’ time while doing it to run a marathon and publish a book or two. If I can do it, so can you.
Since then I’ve helped major corporates and many small businesses win the SEO war. I’ve written SEO-friendly copy, created engaging content, technically audited a few hundred websites, and run heaps of training workshops. I’ve survived website hacks, negative reviews from competitors, algorithm updates, writer’s block, negative SEO campaigns and more.
Which means I’m perfectly placed to tell you all my SEO secrets. So let’s get started.
This course has the potential to save you a lot of money
“The Recipe for SEO Success is an awesome, content rich and value packed course – whether you have an already established website or starting one from scratch. Not only do you get easy access to all the content online (in fact it’s one of the simplest online forums I’ve ever accessed) but the material is presented in a logical sequence. And when you look at how much some consultants charge to build and manage an SEO responsive site this course has the potential to save you a lot of money. Highly recommended.”
The best value SEO course you’re ever gonna find!
Online SEO Coaching (valued at $900)
Private Mastermind Group access (valued at $500)
13+ hours of video training (valued at $1300)
21 templates and worksheets (valued at $1050)
Blog Compass Content planner (valued at $200)
Technical SEO Audit of your site (valued at $300)
Backlink Audit of your site (valued at $300)
Ongoing access to content – updated each year (Priceless)
That’s a total value of: $4550!
My expert contributors
Search, Content and Social Marketing Expert
Click Winning Content
Melinda is owner of Click-Winning Content, provides results-driven online marketing consulting, optimisation and training services to Australian businesses, specialising in Google AdWords, Analytics and Google+.
Mez Homayunfard | Keyword Expert
Co-founder of the Online Marketing Gurus
Mez Homayunfard is a co-founder of the Online Marketing Gurus and heads up the company’s Sales and Marketing division.
SEO Expert at Forge Media
Perry Bernard has been a leading NZ organic search marketer since 2013 and has an in depth understanding of Google search algorithm as well as being Google Analytics IQ certified.
Andrew Raso | Content Marketing SEO Expert
General Manager at Online Marketing Gurus
Andrew is the co-founder and General Manager on Online Marketing Gurus an award winning SEO company based in Sydney.
Chris Finnegan | Local SEO expert
Founder | SEO Copilot
As the founder of SEO Copilot and an ‘engineer turned marketer’ Chris combines the technical aspects of search engine optimisation, with creative targeted marketing. The results? More website traffic, sales and leads!
Owner | Divine Write
Glenn is a specialist website copywriter, and the author of ‘SEO Secrets’ and ‘Practical SEO Copywriting’. He runs Australian copywriting and design studio, Divine Write, and over his 20-year career, he’s worked for some of the world’s biggest brands.
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse is packed full of nutritious SEO goodness to feed your brain and boost your business. Just click on a section below to read more.
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
- How search engines work and how they can boost your business
- How each algorithm update affects your site
- How to understand your search results
- What SEO is and isn’t
- Why SEO and ranking well matters
- SEO basics – the fundamentals of any successful SEO strategy
- We’ll also talk about YOUR brand so we can understand:
- Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Your target audience and what they believe, desire and fear
Let’s get technical
- How to choose the right domain name, hosting and platform
- How to create a custom SEO audit for your site
- How to set up a WordPress website
- The REALLY important technical issues for all websites
- The minor technical issues and easy fixes
- What to do when your site isn’t appearing in the results
- The pros and cons of single-page-websites
Choosing the right keywords
- Why keywords matter when it comes to SEO
- Why long tail keywords are the secret to SEO success
- How to brainstorm keywords and find fresh ideas
- How to research keywords for your site to ensure they deliver great results
- Understanding your Domain Authority and how it influences your chances of ranking
- How to spy on your competitors’ keywords and rankings
- How to calculate the value of a particular keyword phrases
- How to plan your keyword usage across your site’s pages and posts
How to write SEO-friendly copy
- What is SEO copywriting?
- Writing for humans and Google – the importance of readability
- General writing and grammar rules for online writing
- How to structure your site, navigation and page content
- Creating irresistible offers and a strong call to action
- Crafting winning title tags and meta descriptions
- Understanding on-page copy optimisation and keyword usage
- Backdoor SEO, duplicate content, keyword cannibalisation
- How to review your content
Building links in a safe way
- Understanding the importance of links to your website
- Conducting a comprehensive links audit, and qualifying good and bad links
- Practising basic link building safely using guest blogging, press releases and directory listings
- Using more advanced techniques to promote your content and ‘earn’ high-quality links
- Recovering from negative SEO and removing bad links
Supercharging your content
- How to use your keywords to generate blog post ideas
- Finding inspiration for your content
- The different post approaches
- Developing a content strategy
- Deciding the best content length
- How to write killer headlines
- Repurposing old post content
- Creating SEO-Friendly images and videos
- Using Social Media to improve your SEO
The importance of local search
- How to understand your customers local intent and use it to your advantage
- How to improve your chances of showing up in the local searches
- Which directories and listings sites are best for your business
- How to optimise your website for local keywords
- The importance of citations
- How to win reviews
Objectives and measurement
- Set realistic goals and objectives
- Find great SEO reporting tools (both free and paid)
- Decide what to track (and how often)
- Keep your SEO agency accountable
- Understand how long it will take to achieve SEO success
The Recipe for SEO Success was one of the best courses that I have done
“The Recipe for SEO Success was one of the best courses that I have done – online or offline! I loved the structure, the delivery AND the content! Kate was supportive, enthusiastic and super responsive. I’ve walked away feeling more confident and with a swag of SEO tricks that I’m itching to implement.”
Kate is someone you can trust, she provides honest advice and is supremely helpful.
The course content was logically presented in easily digestible chunks. In her fun and enthusiastic manner she delivered relevant SEO information which was easy to understand. I loved the mix of theory and practical tasks which I could apply immediately to my business. Her encouragement, motivation and positivity shines through in all her communication. There wasn’t a question or a problem that Kate couldn’t solve. It was like I had my own personal SEO guru for 8 weeks! Kate has given me an abundance of useful hints and tips to improve and grow my business. Kate is someone you can trust, she provides honest advice and is supremely helpful. I love that as a post graduate I have full access to the course information to refer back to when I need it. Thank-you Kate, your course has been one of my best investments for my business I have ever made. I just wish I had found you sooner!”
What is The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse?
When was the course last updated
How is your eCourse different to other SEO eCourses?
- I’m an experienced trainer who regularly runs workshops for big name brands and small businesses.
- I go the extra mile and provide resources and tools for you to enjoy.
- I offer not only the appetiser style front-end SEO advice, but also the meat and potatoes of the technical side.
- I’m crazy enthusiastic about SEO, and that enthusiasm will rub off on YOU. By the end of my eCourse you’ll love SEO as much as I do.
The course is also not some short, 5 or 6 hour thing, it’s a fully comprehensive resource that you can refer to for many years to come. Also unlike many online courses I won’t leave you to go it alone. You’ll get weekly support via the coaching calls as well as the Facebook group. So you can ask all your questions and get tailored advice.
What kinds of people sign up to the Recipe for SEO Success eCourse?
What kind of business industries does this course suit?
Who shouldn’t sign up?
Can you guarantee I’ll get to the number one spot in Google by doing your eCourse?
When does the eCourse start?
I can’t make this round. When will the eCourse run again?
I don't have a website, can I still do the course?
Who runs the eCourse?
I’m not very techy. Can I still do the eCourse?
How does the eCourse run?
The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse runs for eight weeks, with a content module published each week. You access the content by logging into the password-protected member area. Here’s the eCourse timetable:
- Week 1: What is Search Engine Optimisation?
- Week 2: Let’s get technical
- Week 3: Choosing the right keywords
- Week 4: How to write SEO-friendly copy
- Week 5: Building links the safe way
- Week 6: Supercharging your content
- Week 7: The importance of local search
- Week 8: Objectives and measurement
Each module contains:
- A number of training videos
- Several worksheets, checklists, roadmaps and downloadable DIY templates
- Optional material you can complete if you have the time
There is an optional Facebook Mastermind group and optional weekly coaching calls. They’re not 100% necessary to the course, but do provide extra support and an opportunity to ask questions. Bonus material will be peppered throughout the eCourse, including:
- 7 expert interview videos
- Access to 100s of useful links and tools
- Access to the SEO Mastermind group
- 8 one-hour group coaching calls
How are the group coaching calls run?
How many hours per week should I set aside for the eCourse?
- Watching the training videos
- Reading and completing your SEO worksheets
- Enjoying the bonus materials, such as the how-to videos and expert interviews
- Taking part in the group coaching calls
- Asking questions in the Facebook group (as well as networking with others)
But the whole point of this eCourse is for you to learn at your own pace, and at a time that suits you. And with lifetime access to the materials, you can come back to them at any point in the future.
Is there homework?
Can I email / call / message you with my questions during the course?
I hate Facebook can I still do the course?
Does my site need to be on WordPress to take the course?
Does the course grow as my SEO knowledge expands?
How long can I access the Course?
How do I access the eCourse?
How long is the payment plan?
The payment plan is broken up into two chunks:
- First payment is payable on registration
- Second and final payment is due four weeks later
If you fail to make your second payment, your access to course materials will be revoked and the karma guinea pigs will be on your tail FOREVER!
What if I don’t like the course?
If you’ve worked through the first module of the eCourse and haven’t gained any value from it (or just don’t think the eCourse is for you), I’ll happily refund your payment minus a $100 admin fee. Refunds must be requested within 14 days of the course starting. No refunds are provided after the first 14 days, and we do not provide pro-rata refunds for cancelled accounts. After the initial refund period expires, we will continue to process any remaining payments (if you have selected a payment plan option).
Is the course mobile and tablet friendly?
As a teacher of SEO fundamentals she is way ahead of her game.
“Kate Toon is a force to be reckoned with. I was fortunate enough to take her Recipe for SEO Success course in late-2015 and found Kate to be knowledgeable, committed, customer-focused and a truly engaging and warm person to deal with. Her engaging course is consistently lively, informative and packed with punch and as a teacher of SEO fundamentals she is way ahead of her game.”